ONE Thought (from us)
Last week we gave 5 themes we’ve observed for why marriages struggle; here’s the other five. If your marriage is in a tough spot, consider the list below (as well as last week’s). We pray something here helps break free the logjam in your marriage or gives you insights into how you might help someone else find a path forward.
Here’s the final five (the first five were listed last week):
6. Sexual depravity, including pornography use, extramarital affairs, or importing unhealthy expectations into the marriage bed;
7. Wives hold on until they eventually give up, never to return;
8. Husbands take their wives for granted, only to realize the damage too late;
9. Husbands try to lead, but wives undermine their leadership;
10. Couples lack unity in Christ (they build on any other worldview but biblical Christianity).
As mentioned, these are just themes we’ve observed, and this list certainly isn’t exhaustive. If any of those reasons resonate with you, we encourage you to listen to this week’s podcast episode where we go into much more detail.
“Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.”
ONE Quote (from another)
“When husbands and wives are well yoked, how light their load becomes!”
– C.H. Spurgeon
ONE Question (for you)
Which of the above reasons resonates with you most? Ask your husband/wife which one resonates with them and discuss.
Much love and stay fierce!
Ryan & Selena Frederick
Founders of Fierce Marriage