One of the most prevalent topics we get questions about is sex and intimacy. And for good reason: sexual intimacy is an important part of marriage, but it also tends to be one of the most misunderstood. For starters, here are some biblical truths about sex:
- Sex is a good, gracious gift from God. He designed it.
- Sex is created exclusively for the marriage covenant. Elsewhere is sin and will lead to brokenness.
- Sex is created with huge purposes in mind.
- Sex is meant to be enjoyed!
With those principles in place (there are more, but for today we’ll stop there), we can begin to understand what a healthy sex life might look like. For a much more in-depth look at the purposes of sex, consider reading our latest book Fierce Marriage.
Here are a few more resources and articles on the topic of sex and intimacy:
- 3 Profound Purposes of Sex and How They Make it Much, Much Better
- 5 Anchors of an Active, Fulfilling Sex Life
- Video: Maintaining a Healthy Sex Life After We’ve Had Kids
- The Spectrum of Sex
- Fight Sexual Addiction Like a Man
Thanks for reading and watching! Please make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to get the latest videos as soon as they’re available.
Ryan & Selena
We’d love your help!
If our ministry has helped you, we’d be honored if you’d pray about partnering with us. Those who do can expect unique interactions, behind-the-scenes access, and random benefits like freebies, discount codes, and exclusive content. More than anything, you become a tangible part of our mission of pointing couples to Christ and commissioning marriages for the gospel. Become a partner today.
Become a Fierce Marriage Partner Today