One of the quickest ways to defuse all manner of marital dysfunction is to show and feel appreciation toward one another. The thing about appreciation is that it’s a choice and a skill. I’d even say that just like many things, one can learn the art of appreciation!
In this episode of the Fierce Marriage Podcast, we discuss a few ways to exercise your “appreciation muscles” as you learn to love each other well. A few ideas discussed were:
- Understanding the power of appreciation and how it truly changes things
- How to identify ways to appreciate each other
- Slow down: be intentional
- Curbing unhelpful complaints
- Learning each others’ love languages
- Truly seeing and hearing each other
- How setting each other as your standard of everything attractive is possible and productive
We hope this episode blesses you. Thanks for listening!
We’d love your help!
If our ministry has helped you, we’d be honored if you’d pray about partnering with us. Those who do can expect unique interactions, behind-the-scenes access, and random benefits like freebies, discount codes, and exclusive content. More than anything, you become a tangible part of our mission of pointing couples to Christ and commissioning marriages for the gospel. Become a partner today.