In last week’s episode, we set the foundation for keeping sight of Christ through the consumerism, hustle, and bustle of the holiday season. It’s more important than ever to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus as the creator, provider, and sustainer. In today’s episode, we keep it light. Time to get practical.
Listen in as we discuss tangible, creative, and inexpensive gift ideas, how to keep things low pressure, and how thoughtfulness can have an incredible impact. Feel free to review the [brief] show notes below or listen to the latest episode of The Fierce Marriage Podcast as you have the time!
Listen to this week’s podcast:
Listen below, or better yet, choose a button above to subscribe on your device!
- New segment: Heart Check
- What book is in your hand?
- What voice is in your ear?
- What’s stirring in your heart?
- Announcement: on January 1st we’re doing an online 31-Day Pursuit Challenge. Stay tuned for info. Pick up the books if you want free access to the 31-day e-course.
- Recap of last week’s episode:
- Keeping Christ front and center
- Avoid the mistake of expecting gifts to satisfy
- From a place of security in Christ, enjoy Christmas with wisdom and stewardship
- Discussion: Simple Gift Ideas that are Low Pressure, High Impact
- Tile coasters w/ Images on them (4″ white tiles, 4″ square images)
- Baked goods (granola, cookies, etc)
- We love calendars at Costco
- Give experiences
- Plan an outing for the day after Christmas
- Groupon is great for local, fun activities
- Books that can be read together
- Memberships to local places (Zoo, Museums, etc)
- Give “time gifts”
- The 31-Day Pursuit Challenge Bundle
- Thirty-One Days of Prayer (for wives, for husbands). Incredible books!
- Pilgrims Regress
- Advent by Ann Voskamp
- For Kids
- The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls
- Kiwi/Koala Crates (AMAZING)
- Craft Gifts
- Time w/ Kids (simple is fine, just be intentional)
- For others:
- Be aware of neighbors… show them intentionality
- Invite neighbors over if they don’t have anyone to celebrate holidays with
- Give out baked goods to houses nearby
- Other ideas:
- Make your own advent calendar
- Pray together about how to be intentional this season.
- Make a list of potential holiday hangups, pray about how to follow them
- Pray about people and how you can minister out of your marriage this year
Mentioned in the show:
- The Perfectly, Wonderfully Made Podcast (with Alise Marsh) <–it’s incredible!
- The Risen Motherhood Podcast
- The Knowing Faith Podcast
(mistakenly referred to as the Culture Matters Podcast, which is also good)
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp
- The Pilgrim’s Regress by C.S. Lewis
- The 31-Day Pursuit Challenge
- Unwrapping the Greatest Gift: A Family Celebration of Christmas by Ann Voskamp
- The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls
Thanks for listening! Submit questions and comments by visiting https://fiercemarriage.com/podcast.
Ryan and Selena
Please SUBSCRIBE, RATE, and REVIEW this podcast on your app of choice. It takes 30-60 seconds, and it helps get the word out about gospel-centered marriage. Thank you!
Question or comment?
If you have a question, ask! Anything goes. Click the appropriate button below to submit a question or story; we’ll take care of the rest.
Leave us a voicemail
Call: (971) 333-1120
Note: by dialing the above phone number and leaving a voicemail, you are granting us permission to include your voice in our podcast.
Feel free to write any questions in the comments below. We just might do an episode on it. :)