Many couples experience separation for days, weeks, or even months because of work-related travel. If you or your husband/wife travel for a corporate job or military deployment, you will face unique challenges when it comes to staying connected emotionally (and physically), as well as maintaining spouse-honoring (and God-honoring) integrity while apart.
In today’s podcast, we cover five ways to fight for personal integrity while one of you is away for work.
A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls.
5 Ways to Fight for Your Integrity While Traveling for Work
- Do healthy things to stay busy (have healthy fun)
- Read, go to a good movie, workout.
- Know yourself: what tempts you and steer clear of it.
- Establish a solid accountability system.
- Your spouse
- Check in questions
- Allow trusted, respected friends to ask hard questions
- Software filtering if internet browsing is an issue
- Bring your spouse “with” you.
- Mention him/her intentionally in conversations with the opposite sex.
- Gather with brothers/sisters in Christ.
- Attend a church service, stay with people/acquaintances instead of staying alone)
Don’t Forget: Review!
If we’ve earned it, please SUBSCRIBE, RATE, and REVIEW this podcast on your app of choice. It takes 30-60 seconds, and it helps get the word out about gospel-centered marriage. Thank you!
Do you have a question?
Just visit https://fiercemarriage.com/podcast or https://fiercemarriage.com/ask to submit a question or story; we’ll take care of the rest.