Many couples experience separation for days, weeks, or even months because of work-related travel. If you or your husband/wife travel for a corporate job or military deployment, you will face unique challenges when it comes to staying connected emotionally (and physically), as well as maintaining spouse-honoring (and God-honoring) integrity while apart.
In today’s podcast, we cover five ways to fight for personal integrity while one of you is away for work.
A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls.
5 Ways to Fight for Your Integrity While Traveling for Work
- Do healthy things to stay busy (have healthy fun)
- Read, go to a good movie, workout.
- Know yourself: what tempts you and steer clear of it.
- Establish a solid accountability system.
- Your spouse
- Check in questions
- Allow trusted, respected friends to ask hard questions
- Software filtering if internet browsing is an issue
- Bring your spouse “with” you.
- Mention him/her intentionally in conversations with the opposite sex.
- Gather with brothers/sisters in Christ.
- Attend a church service, stay with people/acquaintances instead of staying alone)
Don’t Forget: Review!
If we’ve earned it, please SUBSCRIBE, RATE, and REVIEW this podcast on your app of choice. It takes 30-60 seconds, and it helps get the word out about gospel-centered marriage. Thank you!
Do you have a question?
Just visit https://fiercemarriage.com/podcast or https://fiercemarriage.com/ask to submit a question or story; we’ll take care of the rest.
We’d love your help!
If our ministry has helped you, we’d be honored if you’d pray about partnering with us. Those who do can expect unique interactions, behind-the-scenes access, and random benefits like freebies, discount codes, and exclusive content. More than anything, you become a tangible part of our mission of pointing couples to Christ and commissioning marriages for the gospel. Become a partner today.